APPLICATIONS AND INFORMATION
- Certificated Salary Information
- APPLICATION PROCESS
Applications available below for download under Information Resources.
Submit to 113 Felspar Street, Ridgecrest, CA 93555. If hired, applicants must be fingerprinted at a cost of $69.00, and have a TB test costing Approximately $60.00.
For more information call (760)499-1621.
- APPLICATION PROCESS
We appreciate your interest in a certificated position within Sierra Sands Unified School District. In order to process your application we will need the following items:
Copy of all transcripts (if hired, we require official transcripts)College or University placement file (if no formal file available, send a minimum of three letters of reference)
In developing an eligibility list for vacancies, a completed application packet is processed as follows:
- Papers are reviewed: quality and recency of training and experience; the written application itself as it reflects desirable teacher abilities; the references as the reflection of successful experience and positive assessment of desirable abilities by supervisors, etc. When the paper screening has been completed, each applicant is informed whether or not the application will remain active.
- Oral Screening. Those with active applications may be invited to participate in an oral interview by a screening committee consisting of an administrator, teachers, and a parent/community representative. This screening will take place at any time that the District feels there are too many applicants for a particular position. The highest rated applicants will proceed to the next step.
- Interviews with Principal. As actual vacancies occur, the applicant or applicants are invited for an interview with the principal/supervisor, who will make the final recommendation. Each applicant will again be notified of the results.
Applications are accepted at any time and are invited by advertisement several times a year. However, both paper and oral screenings occur only as District needs dictate, usually once or twice each year.
If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to write, call or come in. Again, we appreciate your interest in employment with Sierra Sands Unified School District.
- CREDENTIALING INFORMATION
The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing is the licensing agency for teachers in the state of California. For specific information on credentialing requirements see www.ctc.ca.gov or contact Jan Burke in our personnel office at (760) 499-1622 or 113 Felspar, Ridgecrest, CA 93555.